- City Tree: Ginkgo
- City Flower: Magnolia
- City Bird: Magpie
- The exchange of the letter of intent on the favorable exchange of friendly relationship: July 16, 1998
- Ceremony of becoming sister cities: Sept. 15, 1998
For the harmony of East and West between Youngnam and Honam and the promotion of friendly relationship between the self-governing bodies, since September 15, 1998 when two self-governing bodies made the sister relationship, two cities have regularly invited soccer play social groups for friendly soccer games, sold each other's regional specialties of agricultural & fishery products through direct sales, and had teenagers and women's groups visit each other actively.
- Both cities visited each other on each other's citizen's day.
- Public servants exchanged their work places.
- Invitational event of teenagers
- Public servants' social soccer group was invited for soccer games.
- Sales of specialties
- Invitational event of women's group
- Exchange event for council members from both cities
- Exchange event for the second founding members
- Friendly mountain-climbing for public servants